Websites should look attractive as well as provide uniform content in a wide variety of browsers and platforms, including mobile devices. There are a wide range of approaches to achieve this task, but it can be difficult for Web developers to accommodate the vast array of mobile devices. Testing the plethora of mobile devices is a practical impossibility. Discussion of some technologies that can aid in ensuring Websites are visually appealing across digital devices are included below.
- Delivers web pages in variable sizes
- Is necessary for tablets and mobile devices
- This task can be challenging, but there are many potential solutions.
Creating Responsive Design
Code your own
- Must be well versed in HTML, especially HTML5.
W3.CSS – Develop sites that look nice at any size; desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone
- No license
- Inspired by Google Material Design
- Create HTML5-based designs that can run on any device.
jQuery Mobile – framework for creating web content for mobile web applications.
- Flexible tool to craft appealing web pages that will look the same on all smartphone, tablet and desktop devices
- Free – open source project of jQuery.org
- Tutorials on W3Schools.com
jQuery Foundation non-profit association supported by members. This organization assists Web development in various ways, such as:
- Project documentation
- World-wide conferences
- Participation in the Web standards
- Advocate for Web developers, through groups such as the W3C.
W3C’s mission includes ensuring that as many devices as possible are capable of viewing Web content. With the growth of mobile device usage, the importance of Web applications and services on these devices is continually increasing.
Helpful information about Mobile Web Development
Does the extensive training, knowledge, and acronyms about Mobile Web Design seem like too much to deal with? Adobe has solutions for all your Web Design & Marketing issues, including mobile development.
What are your thoughts? Do you think there are adequate open-source resources to efficiently solve designing for mobile devices? Or is something such as Adobe Marketing Cloud a necessity for Web Designers/Marketers? Anyone have experiences to share?